I STAND WITH PLANNED PARENTHOOD PETITION!
SNY Webmistress Colin, here. Sorry there’s been a silence from us regarding Planned Parenthood’s funding being in jeopardy. I’ve been working doubles for days now and haven’t had a moment to update.
Anyway, here is a link to the petition to sign. This is the very least you should do. Maybe also think about kicking some money their way. Planned Parenthood is an amazing resource whose existence many people my age have had the luxury of taking for granted. Let’s show the world that we are not a generation of lacadaisical facebook whiners and that we actually stand for something.
I’d like to compile a list of names and contact information of any Reps from NYC districts who voted in favor of this bill, if anyone wants to help me with that, it’d be much appreciated.
So, we’re apparently doing something right (or at least not TOTALLY wrong) here in the Big Apple, because only two reps in the entire 5 boroughs voted in favor of the Pence Bill to defund Planned Parenthood. They are:
- Peter T. King of the 3rd District, (202) 225-7896
- Michael G. Grimm of the 13th District, (202) 225-3371
Call them and tell them how you feel.
And while you’re at it, here’s a list of the ten Democrats who voted in favor of this despicable legislation:
- Dan Boren, OK-2nd, (202) 225-2701
- Jerry F. Costello, IL-12th, (202) 225-5661
- Joe Donelly, IN-2nd, (202) 225-3915
- Daniel Lipinski, IL-3rd, (202) 225-5701
- Mike McIntyre, NC-7th, (202) 225-2731
- Collin C. Peterson, MN-7th, (202) 225-2165
- Nick J. Rahall II, WV-3rd, (202) 225-3452
- Silvestre Reyes, TX-16th, (202) 225-4831
- Mike Ross, AR-4th, (202) 225-3772
- Heath Shuler, NC-11th (202) 225-6401